Mike, Karen, Nina, Janae, and Marcy moved to San Jose Costa Rica in Aug of 2011, then lived in the Dominican Republic from May 2012 until May 2016. Currently we are living in Middlebury Indiana.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Well, we made the trip to Costa Rica and we're getting settle into our apartment and have begun orientation for Language School. All five of us have orientation yet Thursday and Friday and then the girls start class on Monday with Karen and I starting class on Tuesday. Lots of new experiences here in the last two days. I know most of you are wondering and we did find ice cream in the grocery store. That was a relief. Oh, it was $16.00 a gallon, so all at once I really don't care for ice cream that much anymore. We took an entrance test this morning to see how much Spanish we already knew so they would know where to start us out. I wanted to make sure that I was in the same class as Karen so I faked it and left all the questions blank like I didn't know any of the answers. They were pretty simple questions like verb conjugation and adjectives and pronouns and all. I think Karen will need all the help she can get, so I will be there by her side when she has problems. (OK so the last few sentences may have been exaggerated a bit. All except for the part of me turning in a blank paper). I think we will all be challenged in school.
     Here is a short video tour of our quaint little apartment.
're

Once again I want to thank those of you that have sent in one time gifts, monthly pledges and especially the ones that have committed to pray for us. Without the prayer support it would maybe be possible to do what we are, but not near as productive. We feel the support from all of you. One way you can pray for us is as we start actual classes next week that we absorb what we are being taught and that we are bold in our practice of that. God has been so faithful to us so far on this journey and we are confident that he will continue that faithfulness.  

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. Knowing the dry humor coming from the sentence "Karen will need all the help she can get" got a laugh out loud. I was thinking of all of you today as I saw the ARC bus drive by, and thinking about hurricane Irene. I'm glad you got that ice cream in case you have to hunker-down for a storm. I'm sure you will soak up a lot of Spanish. You just won't be able to call every Juan anymore.

    ReplyDelete