Mike, Karen, Nina, Janae, and Marcy moved to San Jose Costa Rica in Aug of 2011, then lived in the Dominican Republic from May 2012 until May 2016. Currently we are living in Middlebury Indiana.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

In the midst of goodbyes

       One of the many aspects of leaving is saying goodbye. While in training in Colorado at MTI in April, one of our last sessions was how to be good at saying good bye. I am not sure I have that down yet as so far it has been very hard for me to do that part. Over the last number of weeks we have had some great opportunities to spend time with friends and family during meal times, bike rides, ice cream shops and today for example, the men's prayer breakfast that I attend on Thursday mornings had a commissioning of sorts for me. That was very meaningful to me and then it was "goodbye time." Then to Honeyville Metal where I have been employed for the last 4-1/2 years and after a nice noon meal that was brought in, again, time for "goodbye." There is really no aspect of saying goodbye that I like, but yet as I knew this time would come, I do need to say that the training at MTI came in handy. Even though it is hard, we can be good at it without enjoying it. Don't run way, don't ignore your feelings, take the time to say goodbye to those that I will miss and those that will miss me. Hard as it is, it is a part of leaving, and they will all be missed greatly.
        Packing, storing and giving away has been our lives in a nutshell the last couple of weeks. As we are flying out of Detroit on Monday morning for language school, we are gaining on all that needs to be done. We will be in Sañ José for the better part of 4 months then on to Jarabacoa, DR to begin our three year term there. Thanks again to all who have provided meals, helped clean, helped paint, prayed for us and given us financial support. Without it this would not be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment