Mike, Karen, Nina, Janae, and Marcy moved to San Jose Costa Rica in Aug of 2011, then lived in the Dominican Republic from May 2012 until May 2016. Currently we are living in Middlebury Indiana.

Friday, March 11, 2016

February and March Happenings


     On Sunday, February 28 I flew to Texas to be with my folks for a couple of days before driving back with them to Indiana. It was a great opportunity that I didn't want to miss to spend some time catching up with them. After spending one night with our daughter Abby and husband Jeff then visiting some people in the Heston/Newton Kansas area and about 1800 miles and 2-1/2 days later, we were in Shipshewana. I had a short few days there and returned here to Jarabacoa on Tuesday evening the 8th of March - just in time to take Riley Hochestetler to the airport on Wednesday morning about 4 am. We were so glad that she was able to be with us for that part of her life.She worked with Karen at Genesis and also helped coach a soccer team that Janae was playing on. She will be missed a lot.
Riley with Alfry
       Karen has 1 week left at Genesis and then she will be done there and spend the remainder of her time packing, saying goodbye to people and helping out with SI wherever they need her. When Karen and I arrived at Genesis back in May of 2012, Maribel Mondragon was the director there and had just come back from a maternity leave. She then worked there as a teacher for the next couple of years. Maribel then went to one of the SI pre-schools as the site leader in January of 2015 for the next 15 months. She will be returning to Genesis and taking Karen's place at the site leader and director there the end of March. Courtney Barlow is also there as the American site leader and is doing an adoptive PE program with the kids.
      Since returning from Santiago in the middle of February I have been keeping busy finishing up a few projects at some of the ministry sites that I had on my list to get done. I will stay busy with that until we leave at the end of May.
      When I was back in Indiana last week I met with Honeyville Metal about returning to work there when we move back in May. We are exploring different options there so just be in prayer that we can discern what God has for me for when we return.


Vladi and Riley

The soccer team the Riley helped coach with Courtney Barlow.


No comments:

Post a Comment