Mike, Karen, Nina, Janae, and Marcy moved to San Jose Costa Rica in Aug of 2011, then lived in the Dominican Republic from May 2012 until May 2016. Currently we are living in Middlebury Indiana.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Flight Attendants, Prepare for Landing.


       As those words came over the intercom when we approached Ohare Field in Chicago, my mind was racing with anxiety and wondering how it would go for our first trip back to Indiana since leaving the last week in August of last fall. 10 months. What all changed? How have we changed? Beside the visible things like me having less hair (two reasons, a recent haircut and also the fact that I turned 50 in January), Nina, Janae and Marcy all getting taller and more mature, but what has changed inside of me and how have others changed because of me for the positive and negative? Just as I was so excited to see all of our family and friends, I was also apprehensive about all of that too. As we walked to the luggage carousel, I called Rachel to make sure that I could find them once our luggage was gathered up. The plan was that her and Elliot along with my folks would meet us and take us home. As I rounded the corner I see, Abby? Don’t tell me I can’t tell them apart anymore!!!! No, it’s Abby, at least I think it is. But no, she is in Oklahoma, It has to be Rachel, that was the plan.  Just then I see Jeff, Fred, Lauren, Greg, Elliot, Rachel, Dan, Annabelle, WHAT THE HECK, DID THEY CHARTER A BUS?????? :) That was a great surprise.
          The ride home was a lively one to say the least. Rachel and Ellot's wedding went off without a hitch, and the reception was perfect, warm, but wonderful. I will put pictures on my next post. The part of parenting that no one ever told us was how much we would enjoy seeing our four older kids enjoying each other along with their spouses. God is so good to give our family 3 new additions as spouses to our children. They are all wonderful and we enjoy them so much when we are together. 


       Our time back was filled with breakfasts, Ice cream dates, family pictures, lunches, dinners, Ice cream dates, evenings of fellowship, bike rides, Ice cream dates, and much more. Our 9 days home were full but yet so enjoyable. By Monday morning we were tired and ready to head back to Chicago to fly home. Our live is now back to “normal” whatever that means. We have two more outreach teams in July yet then the school will be closed for three weeks for us to regroup and get ready for the fall semester. Thanks for all the prayers while we were gone and the continued support that we feel from you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment